Feeling too bourgeois for cocktail franks this Super Bowl? Whip up these easy chorizo & whipped goat cheese crostini-
You will need:
1 French baguette, cut into 1/3" thick slices
1 package Palacio® chorizo picante, cut into 1/4" thick rounds, on the bias (diagonal)
4 oz goat cheese
2.5 oz 0% fat Greek Yogurt
1 large yellow bell pepper, small dice
1 bunch scallions, greens only, sliced into rounds on the bias
3 Tbsp white vinegar
Pinch of kosher salt
1. Arrange the pieces of chorizo to lay flat in a cool sauté pan. Place the pan with the chorizo in it over medium heat and allow the fat to render from the meat.
2. While the chorizo is working, whip together the yogurt and goat cheese until combined and fluffy.
3. The chorizo should release a significant amount of oil; after it has rendered for roughly 4-5 minutes on the first side, carefully flip over each piece and allow it to crisp in the rendered fat for roughly 3 minutes.
4. Transfer the chorizo from the pan to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess grease. (SAVE THE RENDERED FAT! You can toss it with pasta and the remaining scallion whites or even serve it with garlic aside fresh bread)
5. Toss the diced bell peppers and scallion greens with the vinegar and light pinch of salt.
6. To assemble: spread about 1 kitchen teaspoon (not measuring tsp, I mean the spoon you use for stirring your coffee or tea in the AM) on each slice of bread, and then place one slice of chorizo on each piece. After all of the goat cheese mixture and chorizo has been utilized, sprinkle the tops of the crostini with the bell peppers & scallion greens.