1 loaf Pumpernickel Bread [about 16 slices]
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
3 Tbsp fresh, chopped Dill
1/2 Cup Hungarian Cucumber Salad, drained
1. First, set up a colander or fine mesh sieve over a bowl and drain the excess liquid from your cucumbers. No one likes a soggy sandwich, especially not proper ladies at a tea party.
3. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each slice of pumpernickel.
4. Distribute a single layer of cucumber slices over every other slice of cream-cheesed bread [there should be half as many slices of bread with cucumbers on it as there are slices with cream cheese]
5. Complete the sandwich-making process by layering the cream-cheese only slices of bread, cream cheese-side down, over the cucumbered bread.
6. Remove the crusts from each sandwich. Cut each crustless sandwich in half and then cut the resulting halves in half again, this time on the diagonal, to make triangles.
7. Arrange on a platter and serve!